Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chelsea Galleries Reaction


Art brings tastes for everyone. Sadly, not all the contents from art are delighted to be admired. However, like I always say, it brings you message with it. On our trip to Chelsea Galleries, I found interesting how wealthy people spend thousands of dollars on art. For me, not all the works found in Chelsea Galleries should be on the expensive list.
First, a work art I would expend money would be on Anish Kapoor work located in Gladstone Gallery on 24th. In that place, there are many concrete sculptures made by this artist. What I found interesting about this artist’s work is the precision taken to create it. Each pieces look like is falling. It would be a great decoration at home; For example, putting one of those pieces on a terrace or a living room. I bet it took a long time to finish each pieces and that’s why I think it looks fantastic. I would definitely make this artist’s work part of my collection.
Second, the work I think it is a little bit less special for me is Richard Avedon’s, Murals & Portraits, located in Gagosian Gallery 21st. When you go inside the place and see all those bodies naked, you may think it is dedicated to an anatomy class or something. His works are not everyone’s desire, that’s why I would not collect them. I like works that call people’s attention but in always a positive way. His works are composed “against the backdrop of American’s social and political transformation; which is good but as long as the works are on a protestant place or museum ok. It is nice to do things for the society but I think the way he wants to express himself is very extremist.
All comes to your taste. Not all the art works are for everyone taste. I would prefer to invest money on something that would not alarm others around me; in other words to be considerably.  However, my taste is first.
          
 
Anish Kapoor
“untlited”

Richard Avedon
“Murals & Portraits”
1970

No comments:

Post a Comment